Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Sunshine


It's been a BUSY time lately, hence no recent posts.

Let's see...I sold my house in December. That was a HUGE blessing! I was even able to do it on my own without a realtor. I moved on Dec. 10 and was fortunate to have a great friend ready for a roommate. My good friend Ara has welcomed me to her home, and now we have a full house! She has 2 dogs, Cricket & Oliver, and I have Russell. They all play and are still getting used to it, but it's going well. Her fenced in back yard gives Mr. Russell lots of room to move & play. The picture above is of Russell and Cricket catching some rays over the weekend. They are becoming good friends.

In addition to the move, I studied for the GRE, had to get through finals for the semester, took a trip to Chicago, and prepared for the holidays. It has been a whirlwind!!! Although there has been lots going on, all of these things are positive changes.

Allison and her husband's side of the family experienced great tragedy. Their little nephew, Mason Bradley Pfanner, passed away suddenly in his sleep last week. The little one was two months old and cute as a button. Needless to say, it has been a tough time on all of them, especially around the holidays. You can see his picture here .

Christmas was spent in Kansas City with Mom, Melanie and many others from Mom's side of the family. It was a good time full of "churchin' it up" (a term melanie and I refer to those days in which we attend more than one church service). I took so much time off in late Nov./early Dec. with all that was going on, so it was a quick trip to KC. I was back at work on Tuesday. It was a nice, quiet, productive day.

Now onward to 2007! What will the New Year bring? I'm excited to see. Happy New Year to all! I pray it will be full of smiles, laughter, and love.

No comments: