Thursday, October 18, 2007

I'm Back!

This is a big week...I finally got a new camera! My digital camera broke right around the time of my last post (March). I used a little birthday money for the purchase :-). Be expecting to see some new photos soon!

My birthday was last week. It was a lot of fun. I celebrated with Rhett, Mom, Melanie & my dear friend, Mrs. Carl. We had dinner and a champagne toast at one of my favorite Columbia restaurants, Addison's. It was so much fun!

Rhett also surprised me with an early birthday present...a weekend at the lake. It was relaxing, beautiful, and so much fun. Our condo had a great view of the water and we had perfect weather.

This weekend is Mizzou Homecoming. I'm excited to enjoy, rather than work! As usual, there will be many people in from out of town. It will be fun to reconnect. Rhett and I will host a tailgate. We did one earlier in the season and it worked well.

Other than that, I'm enjoying my new "job" as an adjunct professor at the MU School of Journalism and an instructor at the MU Dept. of Communication. I teach a news writing course and a studio production course. They're both a lot of fun. Along with that I'm a full-time student, taking 3 courses (Political Debates, Media Effects, and an Intro. Communication course). It's a lot of work, but a lot of fun.

No comments: